College of Engineering
In recent years, due to the changes in the international social environment, as well as the rapid development and transformation and upgrade in industry, science, and technology, the government is actively promoting the improvement of industry technology services and product innovation design force. The demand for integrated professional technology and innovative design service talents is growing, in response to the cultivation of future technical service talents in engineering technology and the sustainable development of the country, hence the purpose of the establishment of the College of Engineering.
College of Engineering Objectives and Vision
In view of implementing technical and vocational education objectives and assisting in the upgrade of industry technology, the cultivation of College of Engineering talents is carried out in a dualistic approach as a development strategy through innovative and practical features, as well as improving academic research. The characteristics of the College of Engineering have been actively established to emphasize the professional learning effectiveness of putting in "basic practice" for the profession, the "professional specialization" in the industry-academia collaboration mechanism, and the promotion of "international diversification" in international exchange and cooperation, in order to enhance the international vision and competitiveness of the school.
Cultivation Objectives: Cultivate talents with professional expertise and practice, as well as dedication to their work and respect for their peers.
- Ability to apply basic and professional knowledge
- Tool usage and machine operation capabilities
- Ability to think up innovative design and to bring it into practice
- Ability to learn and integrate different disciplines
- Innovative thinking and ability to solve real-life project problems
- Ability to recognize and care for the social environment
- Ability to understand and practice workplace ethics
- Report writing and oral expression skills